Saturday, May 7, 2016

introspection, updates, etc

Back & with even less promise of a fruitful epiphany than last time O_o

Meh, whatever, with all due respects to Alicia Silverstone in what made her famous and relevant before becoming a famous judge and naysayer of underprivileged new parents trying to make a go of the shitshow fate before them....

Objectively speaking, gotta keep it real: I do need to put a lid on this tendency I have to stay in bed till noon if I don't have hard fast obligations earlier in the day to rise me at a more respectable hour.

One reaction to that I have is to potentially set myself up with more structured activities earlier in the day. The obvious ideal would be to have English language lessons penciled in on my calendar at least a few mornings a week, since who can really say no to a routine infusion of cash? Alternatively, I could do the reverse, and take Russian language group classes to re-up my level to something more professional and less like a shaky teenager than it is now. I could be even bolder by attempting a brand new language like Turkish or Persian like I'd expressed widely before. 

The next most logical option, which is breathtakingly easy and available to me even now is morning dance/exercise classes at my gym. I have no good excuses for refusing to even try one of these classes thus far, as they require very little preparation, and just involve a walk to the metro to check in. 

I suppose at this rate, this problem is most fittingly on deck to be resolved after the summer months, where I will be forced into a rigid work schedule. I anticipate I will meet the early morning hours with utmost disdain in the first days of the program, but do hope that in time, I will adjust, and learn to thrive on optimal productive use of the long daylight hours.

Yes, I will be leaving fair Moscow in just under a month--I still need to buy my ticket to Kiev, and ostensibly should do it shortly. I have not closely followed the travel restrictions between Russia and Ukraine which have been implemented in the course of the past six months or so, particularly as relates to air travel. My roommate made a passing reference for the need to fly through Belarus to get from here to Ukraine. In this case, it's pretty evident that my obvious choice is to travel by train. The train trip from Moscow to Kiev generaly takes about twelve hours and is pretty uneventful, if uncomfortably warm and stuffy in the summer months. The last time I'd done it was late August/early September, 2015, and experienced nothing remarkable, or even notably more bureaucratic than usual at the border, despite the political unrest the capitol underwent at that time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment